Thérèse Dress is a design in collaboration with BzyPeach Yarn. This dress is knit top down, seamless, with a drop saddle shoulder.
You will knit two garter stitch squares for the shoulder first. The front and back are picked up at the shoulders and knit downward with modified drop shoulder shaping. There is the same amount of fabric in the front and the back so the deep V can be worn in front or back.
There are garter stitch panels which increase along the sides of the skirt to create some additional volume and ease. There are slits at the bottom of the skirt (which will fall around your knees, I am about 63" tall so it may look a bit longer on me), the slits allow for ease of movement. Some light shaping happens in the bindoff of the skirt for a lovely rounded hem.
All of the edges are finished with a small bit of ribbing and a sewn tubular bindoff for an elegant garment.
Thérèse is available in chest sizes 30-62" to fit with approximately 6" of positive ease. There is a list of sizes with some measurements provided below. These measurements are from my working draft. A tech edited schematic will be provided with the pattern. (please note metric measurements are available in the pattern and can be provided on request).
Yarn used - BzyPeach Tencel DK in color Mel.
BzyPeach is provided 25% off to 1 tester from each size. I will be offering this discount to the first tester approved for each size. If the first applicant doesn't use the code it will be offered to the next approved applicant.
You may test in any yarn that allows you to meet gauge.
Gauge - 21 sts and 32 rows per 4"/10cm when knit in stockinette stitch. I used US size 5 needles for my sample and size 3 needles for the trim. You may need to change needle sizes based on your tension and yarn used.
Approximate Yardage - 1035 (1150, 1265, 1380, 1495)[1610, 1735, 1840, 1955] yards/946 (1052, 1156, 1262, 1367)[1472, 1587, 1682, 1788] meters of DK weight yarn. A plant fiber like tencel, cotton, or linen blends are recommended. Silk would also work very well for an ultra luxe version.
Test Knitting Agreements
- I will provide a tech edited pattern and schematic with clear written instructions.
- I will be available via a private Slack channel for support as well as edits throughout the test period.
- I will share your finished garment ONLY with your permission. I would love to highlight your work with any channels, websites or other offerings you'd like to me include. I share on social media, in my newsletter and on my website.
- I will provide a copy of the finished pattern as well as any of my other self-published patterns to test knitters who complete the test including the feedback form.
- I will provide a 25% discount code for BzyPeach Tencel DK to 1 tester in each size.
- You will provide yarn (whether or not it is from BzyPeach). Any yarn which allows you to get gauge is fine with me! I recommend a plant fiber, silk, or blend that includes either of these. Something with loads of drape!
- You will complete your test knit by June 30, 2022 including the feedback form.
- You will share your feedback, whether edits you find or your thoughts on the pattern, garment and fit. You do not need to share in the Slack channel if you would prefer to do so privately, however; all files and feedback forms will be shared via Slack. (a free application available on smart phones and desktop computers.)
- You may make changes to the pattern for fit only, not for cosmetic reasons. (This does not include adding stripes if you like!) If you will be modifying for fit please let me know. I am available to assist with fit modifications if you need.
To apply for this test please email me at elizabethmargaretdesigns [at] gmail [dot] com and tell me a little about yourself (your knitting and testing experience are great!). Please also share which size you'd like to test and confirm you are comfortable with the June 30th deadline.