Test Dates: September 10 - November 11, 2022
Hypatia is a wardrobe staple with just a touch of romance delivered via lush half twisted rib, a mitered square neckline, and gathers at the apex of each sleeve cap. This pullover fits like your favorite sweatshirt with plenty of positive ease and room to breathe.
Available in 11 sizes intended to fit an actual bust from 30-70" with approximately 4" of ease. The chart below may help you determine your size.
For complete sizing information please see the schematic here. Hypatia is available with two body lengths and two sleeve lengths, you may choose any combination for your test.
Yarns used - Forest Lane Fiber Co. BFL DK in Pink Oysters, Pink Clouds (full length version) Berocco Remix Light in Almond (cropped version)
You may test in any yarn that allows you to meet gauge.
Gauge - 21 sts and 32 rows per 4"/10 cm when knit in stockinette stitch in the round. I used US size 3 and 5 needles for my sample. You may need to change needle sizes based on your tension and yarn used.
Test Knitting Agreements
- I will provide a tech edited pattern and schematic with clear written instructions.
- I will be available via a private Slack channel for support as well as edits throughout the test period.
- I will share your finished garment ONLY with your permission. I would love to highlight your work with any channels, websites or other offerings you'd like to me include. I share on social media, in my newsletter and on my website.
- I will provide a copy of the finished pattern as well as one copy of any of my other self-published patterns to test knitters who complete the test including the feedback form.
- You will provide yarn. Any yarn which allows you to get gauge is fine with me!
- You will complete your test knit by November 11, 2022 including the feedback form.
- You will share your feedback, whether edits you find or your thoughts on the pattern, garment and fit. You do not need to share in the Slack channel if you would prefer to do so privately, however; all files and feedback forms will be shared via Slack. (a free application available on smart phones and desktop computers.)
- You may make changes to the pattern for fit only, not for cosmetic reasons. (You may add stripes or use color blocking if you like!) If you will be modifying for fit please let me know. I am available to assist with fit modifications if you need.
To apply for this test please email me at elizabethmargaretdesigns [at] gmail [dot] com and tell me a little about yourself (your knitting and testing experience are great!). Please also share which size you'd like to test and confirm you are comfortable with the November 11th deadline.