Anna Tee Test Knit Details
The Anna Tee has been made in collaboration with Knitting Niqabi and has been knit in their incredibly soft and lightweight Non Superwash Merino Fingering. Testers are eligible for a discount on this yarn, or are welcome to use any fingering weight yarn of your choice which allows you to get gauge. (I know some of you will want to use a plant fiber and this tee will be beautiful with the drape of plant fibers!)
Anna is knit from the bottom up (mostly) in one piece. The sleeves are knit separately and sewn on. These sleeves are cap length and they do not have any underarm stitches for breathability in warm weather.
Most of your knitting is in stockinette in the round, the lovely fern lace pattern (a 4 line pattern which is easy to memorize) is worked along the hem as well as up each side. Charts are provided for decreasing in pattern along the sides. The neckline is finished with an applied i-cord.
Anna is available in chest sizes 30-62" to fit with approximately 2" of positive ease at the chest. There is a list of sizes with some measurements provided below. These measurements are from my working draft. A tech edited schematic will be provided with the pattern. (please note metric measurements are available in the pattern and can be provided on request).
Yarn used - Knitting Niqabi Non Superwash Merino Fingering in color Lovegood.
Knitting Niqabi is providing 20% off for any tester that would like to use their yarn, once approved I will send you a code which allows you to purchase through their website.
You may test in any yarn that allows you to meet gauge.
Gauge - 26 sts and 32 rows per 4"/10 cm when knit in stockinette stitch in the round. I used US size 1 needles for my sample. You may need to change needle sizes based on your tension and yarn used.
Approximate Yardage -
871 (980, 1089, 1198, 1307)[1416, 1524, 1633, 1742] yards of fingering weight yarn. I believe this garment will be lovely in wool or any plant fiber/blend you'd like to use!
Test Knitting Agreements
- I will provide a tech edited pattern and schematic with clear written instructions.
- I will be available via a private Slack channel for support as well as edits throughout the test period.
- I will share your finished garment ONLY with your permission. I would love to highlight your work with any channels, websites or other offerings you'd like to me include. I share on social media, in my newsletter and on my website.
- I will provide a copy of the finished pattern as well as one copy of any of my other self-published patterns to test knitters who complete the test including the feedback form.
- You will provide yarn. Any yarn which allows you to get gauge is fine with me!
- You will complete your test knit by August 15, 2022 including the feedback form.
- You will share your feedback, whether edits you find or your thoughts on the pattern, garment and fit. You do not need to share in the Slack channel if you would prefer to do so privately, however; all files and feedback forms will be shared via Slack. (a free application available on smart phones and desktop computers.)
- You may make changes to the pattern for fit only, not for cosmetic reasons. (You may add stripes or use color blocking if you like!) If you will be modifying for fit please let me know. I am available to assist with fit modifications if you need.
To apply for this test please email me at elizabethmargaretdesigns [at] gmail [dot] com and tell me a little about yourself (your knitting and testing experience are great!). Please also share which size you'd like to test and confirm you are comfortable with the August 15th deadline.